Lauren Charles, MSN, RN
Lauren Charles has over 25 years of combined clinical and managerial experience. Lauren is a Studer Group veteran and leader. Her partners and expertise range from small independent hospitals to large medical systems. Several of Lauren’s partners have received the national “Healthcare Organization of the Month” designation for results achieved. Lauren’s strength and passion is focusing on areas of nursing – specifically leader rounding and hourly staff rounding as an evidenced based practice. Lauren is a recognized leader, helping partners implement a proactive care model.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Lauren Charles was a senior nursing leader at Cleveland Clinic Foundation. During her tenure there they achieved Magnet status for the first time. Prior to that Lauren held various nurse leader positions at Akron General Medical Center ultimately holding the position of Director, Patient Care Services, Cardiovascular/Thoracic surgery. During her tenure she also served as Chair of Nursing Council and was instrumental in acheiveing top decile results in patient experience.
- Instrumental in developing the tactic of Individualized Patient Care which is now a best practice in the Studer Group helping organizations improve results in areas such as Inpatient, Outpatient, ED and Ambulatory Surgery.
- Coaches large health systems including Baptist Health South Florida to sustain top decile results in employee and patient satisfaction.
- Receive the Flame Award, Studer Group’s highest recognition of coaching excellence.
- Consistently receives excellent results from executives during senior leader surveys.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Science Nursing, Kent State University
- Bacherlor of Science Nursing, University of Akron
- Diploma of Nursing, Saint Elizabeth School of Nursing