Cindy Hoover, RN, BSN, MHA
Cindy has 30 years of experience in healthcare as a clinician, nursing and human resources leader. She has served in senior leadership as an administrative director of nursing for various departments, including adult critical care, neurology and a women's and children's hospital. Cindy's diverse experience in retention, cultural transformation and change management enables her to be a successful leadership coach and change agent.
Prior to joining Huron, Cindy was the Administrative Director of Nursing for Mercy Springfield, a 886-bed tertiary health system. In this position, Cindy was responsible for leading multiple nursing units. Before working with Mercy, Cindy was the Director of Recruitment/Retention/HR Compliance for Cox Health, in Springfield, Missouri. During her twelve years in HR, she focused on employee engagement and building a new department of recruitment/retention within HR to service all departments. Cindy was also responsible for compliance within HR, related to TJC, federal and state employment law. With employee engagement being a key role, she served on the Steering Committee for the employee engagement survey and trained leaders on how to write departmental action plans for improvement.
Throughout her time with Huron, she has leveraged her diverse experience as well as her training in change management principles, workforce methodology and Evidence-Based Leadership to help large academic medical centers,as well as community hospitals, achieve desired outcomes.
- Decreased all units' turnover rate by half from 20% and achieved and maintained vacancy rates which were <5% at Mercy
- Maintained productivity of 98-102% at Mercy
- Established a multidisciplinary internal resource pool which eliminated need for travelers and agency usage at Cox Health
- Created new workforce plans for new service lines, while analyzing trends and forecasting
- Served as liaison for department staff who were downsized or new staff who were part of M&A
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Missouri, Columbia
- Master of Science, Healthcare Administration, Websters University, St Louis, Missouri
- Just Culture, certified trainer, Dallas, Texas 2011 to present
- Member, Missouri Organization of Nurse Leaders
- Managing Resistance During Change, LDI September 2019
- Communication During Change, LDI September 2019
- Productivity Training for Nurse Leaders, May 2018
- "E is for Engagement", Studer Group Partner, November 2017
- Commencement Speaker, Cox College 2013