Tonia Breckenridge, MBA
With over twenty years of management experience in healthcare, Tonia has been instrumental in leading large national systems reduce turnover, improve employee engagement and retention and improve patient perception of care across all care settings. Tonia also has experience coaching large academic medical centers, acute care hospitals and systems, emergency departments, physician practices, ambulatory care centers, behavioral health as well post acute care and hospices, in both union and non-union environments in the US and Canada. She has strong coaching skills at all levels within an organization from the executive team to the front line. Having partnered with hundreds of organizations during her tenure with Studer Group, Tonia brings a versatile skill set that is effective for any organization. She is an expert is using software solutions to drive outcomes including Leader Evaluation Manager℠, Validation Matrix, MyRounding and Patient Call Manager℠.
Tonia leads the Coaching Division for National Partnerships. Tonia and the coaching teams she leads consistently achieve results. She is a recipient multiple Pillar awards and Studer Group’s highest honor, The Flame Award.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Tonia worked directly under Quint’s leadership at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, Florida and has first-hand knowledge of the journey from good to great, including the Baldrige framework for process improvement and national learning labs.
- Partners recognized as Studer Group Health Care Organization of the Month: Sutter Davis Hospital, Metro Health, Glendale Adventist Medical Center, Intermountain Healthcare Urban South Region, St. Vincent Hospital Billings
- Partners/employers recognized as Malcolm Baldrige Recipients: Sutter Davis Hospital, St. David’s Healthcare, Studer Group, Baptist Healthcare
- Improvements in HCAHPS exceeding the 75th percentile rate of change for hospitals in a large, national healthcare system
- Top quartile performance in ED, Chicago health system
- 11% market share increase over two years, Michigan health system
- Average HCAHPS improvement in partner organizations of 6 top box points since CMS public reporting began
- Multi-specialty and family medicine practices average top quartile results 2009-2010, Michigan and Ohio health systems
- Medical Foundations (multi-specialty and family medicine practices) achieve top quartile results in 85% of practices in 2010, Northern California health system
- Masters of Business Administration specializing in Healthcare Administration
American Intercontinental University
Hoffman Estates, IL
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare
St. Leo University
St. Leo, FL
- American Society for Clinical Pathology in Histotechnology, Immunohistochemistry and Laboratory Management
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) National Society for Histotechnology American Society for Clinical Pathology
- Co-presented Achieving and Sustaining Outcomes in Ancillary and Support Service Institute, 2006-2008.
- Presenting and coaching for over 75 support service teams across US and Canada for Aramark Healthcare (EVS, Food Service, Clinical Engineering, Transportation, and Call Centers).
- Speaker, National Society for Histotechnology annual symposium/convention, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010
Resources by this Leader