Teresa Schardt, RN, MS
Teresa brings experience and great passion for patients and caregivers to hospitals, health systems, and medical practices. Applying evidence-based prescriptive behaviors for safe, quality and compassionate patient care, Teresa partners with leadership teams to drive results in each organization she coaches. She works with leaders, physicians, and front line staff to improve patient care and communication by using objective data. Teresa believes in alignment, action, and accountability at all levels. Whether speaking or coaching, Teresa will engage any audience in a warm, practical, and often humorous way to improve outcomes through Evidence-Based LeadershipSM.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Teresa worked for Baylor Health Care System Office of Patient Centeredness. In this position, Teresa was responsible for designing and leading the New Leader Orientation for Service Excellence. Prior to that role, Teresa was the Director of the Spirit of Excellence at Baylor University Medical Center (Dallas) where she focused on culture transformation and improved patient, employee, leader and physician engagement. Teresa was also the Director of Education at Baylor Regional Medical Center in Grapevine, Texas. Prior to her roles in administration, she was a staff nurse in newborn and intermediate care nurseries and surgical services.
- Decreased turnover from 16 percent to 10 percent in three years for a medical center with over 5,500 employees while raising patient experience over 30 percentile points
- Improved physician engagement 32 percent in 12 months
- Coached large academic medical center to improved HCAHPS ranking of 19 percentile points in 16 months
- Used AIDET® to improve 20 percentile rank points in six months for clinic and ambulatory care settings
- Moved CG CAHPS overall rating of provider from 58th percentile rank to 90th percentile rank over 13 months in regional clinics
- Assisted leaders to sustain high employee engagement through reductions in force
Education And Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Texas Christian University
- Master of Science (Educator), Texas Woman's University
- Would You Like to Be a Patient in Your Office, Proceedings Baylor University Medical Center, January 2006