Stephanie Baker, RN, MBA, CEN
Stephanie is a coach leader for Studer Group with oversight of regional systems and community hospital partnerships. She is a sought after international speaker and a nationally recognized emergency department expert. Stephanie is also a Managing Director for Huron and works with a variety of large, integrated health systems to achieve results by consistently applying the principles of Evidence-Based LeadershipSM.
Stephanie has over 30 years of clinical nursing and administrative experience in the areas of emergency, trauma, flight and critical care medicine. She is a recipient of the prestigious "Tribute to Women in Industry" (TWIN) award, a ten-time Studer Group Pillar award winner, and the recipient of the Studer Group "Flame" award, the company's highest honor. Her consistent achievement of results with her partners speaks to her ability to motivate senior leaders and staff, implement evidence-based tools and tactics, drive accountability, and create a culture of "always." She is best known for her ability to individualize improvement plans to produce break through results for her partner clients. Her philosophy is that we sometimes only get one chance, and her goal is to make a difference for every patient, every time.
- Improved physician engagement and patient perception of care from the bottom to top quartile in 18 months at a national physician medical group
- Increased patient experience from the 24th percentile to the 93rd percentile and employee engagement from the 32nd percentile to the 89th percentile in 24 months at a six hospital system that included 135 medical practices
- Increased HCAHPS patient perception of care from bottom quartile to top quartile over 24 months at a 38 hospital system
- Reduced emergency department left without being seen (LWBS) rates from 4.9 percent to 1.7 percent in 18 months at a six hospital system.
Education And Certfications
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, San Diego State University
- Dual Masters of Business Administration and Health Care Management, University of Phoenix
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN), Board of Emergency Nursing
- Member, Emergency Nurses Association
- Member, Board of Certified Emergency Nurses
- "Five Ways to Diagnose and Treat Your Emergency Department", Studer Group®, November 2014
- "Driving Efficient Flow: Three Best Practice Models", Journal of Emergency Nursing, September 2013
- "Advance Your ED: Leading in a New Era", Fire Starter Publishing, 2012
- "Bedside Shift Report Improves Patient Safety and Nurse Accountability", Journal of Emergency Nursing, July 2010
- "Excellence in the Emergency Department: How to Get Results", Fire Starter Publishing, 2009
Resources by this Leader