Shona Salzman, RN, MSN, MBA
Shona brings more than 35 years of nursing and hospital leadership experience to the role of Studer Group coach. Shona has successfully led organizations through the implementation of the Studer Group Must Haves®, resulting in a 35 percent increase in rankings across HCAHPS dimensions. Shona is skilled at working closely with hospital staff and clearly communicating the "why" to all stakeholders to improve processes, employee engagement and patient experience.
Most recently Shona served as a Chief Operating Officer for a critical access hospital. She effectively led quality improvement initiatives for 10 years bringing Evidence-Based LeadershipSM to her organization. Shona's leadership experience includes the establishment and management of a successful hospital foundation dedicated to the healthcare community it serves. Philanthropy continues to be a strong area of interest for her.
- Increased HCAHPS results for Discharge Information from the 22nd percentile to the 84th percentile
- Moved HCAHPS results for Responsiveness of Hospital Staff from the 40th percentile to the 99th percentile
- Improved Communication with Nurses from the 66th percentile to the 92nd percentile as measured by HCAHPS
- Significantly changed HCAHPS Care Transitions from the 37th percentile to the 82nd percentile as measured by HCAHPS
- Improved the number of people who would recommend from the 55th percentile to the 73rd percentile as measured by HCAHPS
Education And Certifications
- Diploma of Nursing, Burge School of Nursing, Springfield, MO
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Southwestern College, Winfield, KS
- Masters of Science, Nursing, Business and Administration/Healthcare Management, University of Phoenix