Sachin Shah, MD, MBA, FAAEM
Dr. Sachin Shah has been with Studer Group since 2015 and is a board-certified emergency medicine physician with over 15 years of experience in the field. He has a track record of achieving operational improvements in the emergency department as well as the hospital. In addition to helping steward a financially successful medical practice, Sachin has facilitated excellent performance on turnaround time metrics and core measures. He is proud to be involved with the American College of Emergency Physicians at both the state and national levels.
Following his training at Jacobi Medical Center and Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, Sachin became a faculty member at Temple University. Sachin served as the medical director of the ED at Nyack Hospital in Nyack, NY for over five years. He was also the associate medical director of the emergency department at Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, NY. Presently, Sachin serves as the director of documentation of the emergency department and observation at Nyack Hospital, as well as a regional medical director.
- Worked with a range of partners from large academic medical centers to smaller community hospitals
- Helped grow ED volume 20 percent while keeping LWBS below 0.5 percent
- Developed, managed and staffed observation unit
- Integrated new behavioral health program, including ED assessment area
- Decreased door to floor time by 30 percent
- Led stroke committee, AHA Gold Plus award winner
Education and Certifications
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Masters of Business Administration, Fox School of Business, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Science, Comprehensive, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Board Certified, Emergency Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Emergency Medicine
Resources by this Leader