Rich Bluni, RN
Rich is one of Studer Group’s most sought after national speakers and the best-selling author of the award-winning books Inspired Nurse, Inspired Journal, and Oh No…Not More of That Fluffy Stuff!: The Power of Engagement (all from Fire Starter Publishing). His newest book, Inspired Nurse Too (also from Fire Starter Publishing), was recently released to excellent reviews. Rich brings a strong knowledge base of healthcare from both the frontline and leadership perspectives. Audiences love his ability to articulate the passion and energy so many nurses feel.
Rich initially joined Studer Group as a high-performing coach in 2007 and achieved outstanding results working with his partner organizations. Rich has been a full-time speaker since 2009. In 2008 and 2012 Rich was awarded Studer Group’s Pillar award for his results as a coach and speaker. In his capacity as a nationally renowned inspirational speaker, Rich has presented to tens of thousands of people across the U.S. and Canada, frequently keynoting major conferences for hospital organizations, medical practices and universities. Rich has more than 21 years of nursing, risk management, patient safety and leadership experience. With clinical experience in a broad range of areas such as pediatric intensive care, trauma intensive care, flight nursing, behavioral health and emergency medicine, Rich understands the challenges, joys and value of purpose, worthwhile work and making a difference in healthcare.
Industry Speaking Engagements
- QUEST Partnership for Patients
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Nursing Organizations Alliance
- Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
- Hospital Associations—Louisiana, Iowa, New Jersey, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Maryland
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)—Iowa, Oklahoma, Connecticut, National Convention
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)—South Carolina, Kentucky
- Organization of Nurse Leaders—New Jersey
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Association for Medical Imaging Management
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Florida Atlantic University