Nancy Arata, RN, BSN, MBA
Nancy is a results-driven leader who works with a variety of organizations from critical access and community hospitals to large academic medical centers. She has helped partner organizations achieve and sustain success through her engaging and dynamic coaching style. With a passion for building relationships with staff and leadership, Nancy is able to quickly build trust and empower those she serves with methods to improve quality, safety and lasting change.
Nancy brings to Studer Group and her partners over 20 years of healthcare experience including bedside nursing in the intensive care unit, hospital quality, nursing research and Magnet project director. Prior to Studer Group, she developed and directed a Patient Experience department where she improved HCAHPS overall rating of care from the 53rd percentile to the 78th percentile in less than two years. Nancy also served as a Pathway to Excellence document reviewer for the American Nurses Credentialling Center, recognizing organizations for creating outstanding work environments for staff.
- Decreased partner voluntary turnover from 22% to 15% in one year
- Improved partner Communication with Nurses from 13th percentile to 40th percentile in one year
- Three partner organizations have received awards at What’s Right in Health Care® for outstanding results
- Coached the implementation of Patient Call Manager™ in multiple organizations with benchmarking results in calls completed
- Trusted advisor to executive leadership teams, implementing an objective, weighted evaluation system in multiple organizations
- Two time Pillar Award winner – Studer Groups internal award for results and organizational impact
Education and Certifications
- Master of Business, Administration and Healthcare Management, Brenau University, Gainsville, GA
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Georgia Regents University, Athens, GA
- Preventing Hospital Acquired Pressure Ulcers: The Use of Nursing Quality Indicators to Engage and Empower Nursing Staff & Improve Outcomes, 2007
- Defining the Maturity of a Unit-council in a Structure of Shared Governance and Measuring its’ Impact on Nurse Satisfaction. An Evidence-Based Practice Toolkit for Bedside Nurses/Research Conference, Wellstar Development Center, 2009
Resources by this Leader