Mitch Hagins, BSc
Mitch Hagins uses his experience as a Studer Group coach, senior business leader and minister to help organizations fulfill their mission. Mitch has received the Fire Starter Award, Studer Group’s highest honor and has been named coach of the year. He is also a seven-time winner of Studer Group’s Pillar Award for excellence in coaching. Prior to joining Studer Group, he left a successful business career and returned to Toccoa Falls College to complete a degree in biblical studies. Mitch lives in Atlanta with his wife. They have six children and four grandchildren.
Mitch’s 32+ years of professional experience contributes to his success as a coach, trusted advisor and senior leader. He is an expert in strategic planning for both large systems and smaller organizations and has experience managing human resources, upper management, sales, support services and marketing. Mitch uses his extensive business and coaching background to help clients assess their needs and create plans to reach their organizational goals. As a coach, Mitch’s partners have consistently demonstrated improvement in their strategic objectives (e.g. patient experience, quality measures, net margin, cost per case and turnover) and have gotten results by improving employee engagement and increasing physician alignment. Because of these results and his relationships, Mitch has retained 98 percent of his partners, annually.
- Served as trusted advisor to partners in the United States and Canada, specializing in accountable care, strategy, execution, communications and success metrics
- Coached senior leaders and their teams through cultural transformation in their organizations
- Helped organizations implement accountability systems, leadership development institutes and service excellence
- Built effective client relationships through exemplary communication and senior leadership support
- Named in 2010-11 “Who’s Who” of Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs
Education and Certifications
- Toccoa Falls College, Toccoa Falls, GA, B.S. Biblical Studies
- Building the Foundation for Excellence with Evidence-Based Leadership℠, Studer Group Conferences, 2017
- Sustaining Excellence and Keeping the Flywheel Spinning, Studer Group Conferences, 2017
- Generation Gap in Today’s Workplace for Today’s Pharmacy Managers, Ontario Hospital Pharmacy Management Seminar, May 2017
- High Reliability in Healthcare: Creating the Culture and Mindset for Patient Safety, Abstract, 2017
- The Power of Engagement: Creating the Culture that Gets your Staff Aligned and Invested, Article, 2016
- Back to the Future: Patient Experience and the Link to Quality, Safety, and Financial Performance, Abstract, 2015