Michele Dobe, BNurs, RN, Grad Cert Clin Ed, Dip ProjMgt
In her role as director and coach leader, Michele has seen her partner organizations continually demonstrate improvement in patient experience, quality, efficiency and retention of high performers.
Michele is a passionate and dedicated coach who has more than 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Her nursing background combined with her skill in coaching provides the expertise necessary to aid in the development of systems, people and organisations to deliver better care and outcomes. As a coach for Studer Group Australasia, Michele has specialised in coaching metropolitan, regional and rural health services in implementing and creating sustainability around the Evidence-Based Leadership℠ framework. She is diligent in creating and maintaining strong relationships and her ability to develop rapport at all levels coupled with her deep understanding of quality, patient experience and staff engagement drivers and her strong clinical and education skills allows her to work well with executive teams, managers, frontline staff and doctors to lift organisational performance. Prior to working with Studer Group, Michele served as an internal coach for the Excellence Program for Epworth Healthcare. She provided training, coaching and validation of the Evidence-Based Leadership℠ tools and tactics. The organisation saw remarkable progress with steady and sustainable change in staff and medical engagement and patient experience over four years.
- Led partners to obtain and sustain top decile results in patient experience and make substantial increases in staff engagement
- Coached partners recognized as Studer Group’s Australian Health Care Organisation of Distinction
- Coached partners presented best practices at What’s Right in Health Care® USA and Australia.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Nursing, Latrobe University
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education, Latrobe University
- Diploma in Project Management, Australian College of Project Management
- Cert IV in Workplace Training and Assessment, Australasian College of Coaching and Mentoring
- “To Change or Not to Change,” What’s Right in Health Care® Australia
- “Clinical Pathways – Continuing the Journey”, Clinical Pathways Sharing the Lesson Learnt, Change Champions