Melanie Barr, Cert. Nursing, BNurse, RN, Grad Dip CaseMGT
Melanie is an accomplished clinician and coach who has a passion to improve healthcare for all patients, residents, clients, their families, staff and visiting practitioners.
Melanie has a broad general experience in nursing, management and project roles and enjoys teaching and supporting people to continually improve. In her role as a manager, mentor and leader, Melanie has assisted many people to develop and improve their skills. Melanie is a skilled project manager and change agent who is able to coordinate people, services and decision makers to promote organisational change which is sustainable.
Melanie has a deep understanding of patient satisfaction drivers and linked this with her strong clinical and change skills to work successfully with executive teams, managers and doctors to drive organisational performance.
- Held lead role for Medication Safety Breakthrough Collaboration and the Safe System Saving Lives where she led the development, stakeholder consultations, implementation and maintenance of these programs across the organization.
- Participated in best practice studies i.e. Orthopedic pain management and longitudinal studies on Urology Robotic Surgery with Deakin University.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Nursing, RMIT University, Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma in Case Management, Melbourne University
- Cert IV Workplace Training & Assessment
- Cert IV in Business and Personal Coaching