Meika Wright, BAppSc(OT), DipPM, DipRec
Meika has strong clinical leadership, change management, problem-solving and workplace resolution skills. Her executive, operational and business management experience means Meika has real ‘on the ground’ knowledge to draw upon and can coach people and organisations from a level of practical experience.
Meika is passionate about motivating people to succeed in creating better healthcare outcomes. She has a wide range of experiences in healthcare including direct patient care, project delivery, the use of technology to deliver healthcare to rural and remote locations and leadership and executive roles. Meika has a system-thinking approach and is a skilled project manager.
She has a well-developed ability to conceptualise, analyse, develop and evaluate new service models while also easily connecting with people. She is a skilled facilitator and communicates well across all levels of an organisation, building credibility, transparency and accountability into teams and services. As a coach for Studer Group Australasia, Meika works with organisations across regional and rural health services to sustainably implement the Evidence-Based Leadership℠ framework. Her ability to develop rapport with employees and leaders across a broad range of organisations has enabled her to facilitate organisational change and deliver improved performance.
- Specialist in adopting the Studer Group models to be successful in rural and remote organisations
- Helped many rural organisations improve their performance results with some achieving Studer Group’s Healthcare of Distinction Award
- Led the development, stakeholder consultations, implementation and maintenance of telehealth delivery models of care for regional and remote locations
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy), The University of Sydney
- Diploma in Project Management, Leader Group
- Diploma in Recreation (Sports Coaching), TAFE NSW
- Cert IV Workplace Training & Assessment, HBA Learning Centre
- Certificate of Mediation, Workplace Mediation Pathways
- Certificate of Conflict Management Coaching CINERGY, Resolution Institute NSW
- EMERGO Train Assistant Instructor Course
- Accelerated Implementation Methodology Course (AIM)
- Executive Management Leadership Series, Western Australia Health
- Allied Health Clinical Leadership Series, Western Australia Health
- Australian Health Practitioner, Regulation Agency, Registered Occupational Therapist
- National Mediator Accreditation System, Registered Mediator
- Resolution Institute NSW, Mediator and Conflict Management Coach
- Presenter, National Mental Health Conference, 2011
- Presenter, Australian College of Rural Remote Medicine Conference, 2013
- Presenter, What’s Right in Health Care® Australia Conference, 2017