Matthew Brice, RN, BNurs, Dip Applied Science (Nursing)
Matthew joined Studer Group in 2012, serving as a coach and international speaker and working in a variety of areas including emergency departments and critical care settings. He enjoys coaching and speaking on patient engagement, performance excellence in the age of change, clinical communication, high reliability and human factors engineering.
Matthew’s experience is diverse and truly international, having worked in Australia, USA, UK, Southern Sudan and Kenya and across a range of organisations including public and private hospitals, international aid/relief agencies, the Australia Federal Police and the Australian Defence Force. He has passion for and expertise in improving performance across organisations.
Matthew is currently coaching partners who range from major metropolitan teaching centres to regional and rural centres across both the public and private sectors. As a specialist emergency department coach, Matthew, in conjunction with our USA Executive Medical Director, Dr. Dan Smith, works with hospitals to assist in improving performance across the key areas of clinical quality and outcomes, patient flow, patient perception of care and staff engagement.
- Worked with various Queensland agencies to deliver special clinical governance, communication and patient safety programs
- Lead advanced training and simulation programs with Australian Defence Forces and the Australian Federal Police in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Field Trauma Care, Humanitarian Assistance and emergency medical skills and tactics
- Development of effective change management models linked to the Evidence-Based Leadership℠ framework
- Performance improvements in regional and teaching centre emergency departments
Education and Certifications
- Diploma of Applied Science (Nursing), Monash University
- Bachelor of Nursing, Monash University
- Faculty Member Clinical Skills Development Service: ACLS, ECRM, PHTLS, ACLSi, ACLSiTT
- Healthcare Asia Pacific 2018, Singapore, March 2018
- Tiande Healthcare Management Services Co, Beijing, July 2015