Maryann McBean, RN
Maryann is a highly regarded leader, clinician and coach with over 30 years of healthcare industry experience in both clinical and managerial roles.
Maryann has held a variety of roles ranging from clinical nurse, discharge coordinator, assistant director of nursing, director of nursing, director of clinical services and general manager, along with a range of project roles at both facility and state levels. Maryann has worked across clinical settings, including management roles in human resources, quality and safety, education, imaging services and major health planning and capital works. Throughout this time, Maryann has demonstrated strong leadership and operational skills, developing new and emerging managers to rise to any task. Often, Maryann has gone into facilities within the broader organisation to undertake targeted turnaround work. This expertise stems from her experience in state and national roles where she facilitated enterprise agreements on behalf of the organisations.
- Led the development of the new Gold Coast Private Hospital, a 284-bed private hospital and the transfer of an existing hospital into the new facility and health campus; Maryann was involved in the design, care models, development of systems, introduction of new clinical services and the eventual transfer and commissioning of the new facility
- Held a leadership role in organisational Quality and Safety systems across multiple organisations
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Nursing, Geelong Hospital
- Discharge Planning Certificate, University of New England
- Cert IV Leadership & Management
- Member of Australian College of Nursing
- Surveyor, Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS)
- National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards Specialist (NSQHS)
- Lead Auditor ISO 9001