Lyn Ketelsen, RN, MBA
For more than 28 years as an RN, Lyn has experienced health care in a variety of settings. Her clinical nursing background is Pediatrics and Neonatal Intensive Care. Lyn has also worked with Acute Care, Managed Care, Clinics, Ambulatory and ER’s. Along with her clinical and nursing management experience, Lyn worked as an internal consultant to a regionally-based health system in the midwest. Blending her experience of operational management with her consulting role, she was successful in driving improvements in patient satisfaction from the 33rd to over the 80th percentile in just 18 months.
Since joining Studer Group over ten years ago, Lyn has worked with hundreds of organizations to put prescriptive elements in place that build a culture of operational excellence and improve the level of patient, employee and physician satisfaction. Several of Lyn’s partners have won the coveted Healthcare Organization of the Month award and have presented at What’s Right In Health Care because they have achieved and sustained results. In December 2008, Lyn received the Flame Award, which is Studer Group’s highest honor for employees. It is awarded to staff who demonstrate consistent results and model behaviors.
In conjunction with the Alliance for Healthcare Research, Lyn co-authored the largest study ever conducted on reducing call lights which was published in American Journal of Nursing in September, 2006. This study resulted it the development and implementation of Hourly Rounding, which is now a standard of care in nursing internationally. In December 2007, the IHI recommended organizations implement hourly rounds to improve quality of care and to restore joy in nursing. Lyn was an integral participant in the preparation of our successful Baldrige application and site visit that culminated in a Baldrige Award in 2010. She has demonstrated her ability to not only coach partners to a higher level of performance but that she can walk the talk as a leader.
- Masters of Business Administration
University of Iowa
- Bachelors of Business Administration
St. Ambrose University
- Associate Degree of Nursing
- ExperienceCustomer Service Coordinator, Genesis Health System, Davenport, IA
- Quality Improvement Coordinator and Case Manager, Genesis HealthPlan, Davenport, IA
- Nurse Manager Neonatal ICU, Pediatrics, Pediatric Rehab, Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, IA
- Nurse Manager Neonatal ICU, Pediatrics, St. Luke’s Hospital, Davenport, IA
- Clinical Nursing Instructor, Pediatrics, Scott Community College, Davenport, IA
- Charge Nurse, Neonatal ICU and Family Care Unit, St. Luke’s Hospital, Davenport, IA
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
Resources by this Leader