Liz Jazwiec, RN
Liz Jazwiec, RN, is a nationally renowned speaker, strategist and author who has shared her passion for leadership, engagement and service with audiences across the country. Her combination of content and anecdotes make her thoughts and ideas memorable, while her humor and enthusiasm hold the attention of your audience.
Liz is a longtime hospital officer who helped raise service scores at Holy Cross Hospital (Chicago, Illinois) from the 5th to the 99th percentile in just a few years. Her work as vice president of patient care and as the director of emergency services was one of the key reasons Holy Cross won Fortune magazine’s Enterprise Award for Best Business Practices. She uses that expertise to inspire other organizations interested in building a culture where excellence is driven by strong leaders and engaged employees. Liz is the award-winning author of the bestselling books Eat That Cookie!: Make Workplace Positivity Pay Off…for Individuals, Teams and Organizations and Hey Cupcake!: We Are ALL Leaders (both from Fire Starter Publishing). In 2010 Eat That Cookie! was chosen as a winner of the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year award in the leadership and management category. Her latest book, Service Excellence Is as Easy as PIE (Perception Is Everything) (Fire Starter Publishing), was released to rave reviews. Many audiences describe Liz’s presentations as uplifting, motivational and fun. However, they also clearly respect her practical and experience-based style. You’re sure to enjoy her creative and viable suggestions for addressing some of the difficult issues facing organizations today.
Industry Speaking Engagements
- Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Annual Conference
- Federation of American Hospitals (FAH)
- Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) Annual Conference
- American Health Care Association (AHCA)
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Conference
- Association of Reproductive Managers (ARM)
- Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF)
- Modern Healthcare Best Places to Work in Healthcare Conference
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing and Health Education, Northern Illinois University
Resources by this Leader