Lavonne Dwinal, RN, MOL
As an accomplished nurse with over 40 years of experience, Lavonne has held a variety of positions in healthcare in clinical and non-clinical settings. During the consolidation of two large hospitals, she served on the consolidation nursing team and was instrumental in bringing the staff of three intensive care units together to provide care for trauma, cardiac, surgical, and neurological intensive care patients. Her leadership and collaborative skills were evident in the initiation and development of an electronic point of care documentation system for two hospitals’ obstetrics units, which included standardizing practice and processes across the two campuses.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Lavonne was the clinical director for a 22-physician private practice. She had the opportunity to work with the physicians and staff to provide excellent care for cardiovascular patients in bi-state offices and outreach clinic sites, serving several communities and hospitals in the region. Lavonne continues her passion for collaborative work by coaching Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) and some of the largest health systems in the U.S. to standardize their processes and drive results using Evidence-Based LeadershipSM practices.
- Coached two organizations recognized as Health Care Organization of the month by Studer Group
- Reduced employee turnover 10-20 percent in one year
- Helped partner organizations results to the top quartile in HCAHPS
Education and Certifications
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA
- Bachelor of Science in Health Arts, St. Francis College, Joliet, IL
- Diploma in Nursing, St. Luke’s Hospital School of Nursing, Davenport, IA
- Alumni CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse), Certified 1982-1993
- Member, American Association of Critical Care Nurses
Publications and Speaking Enagements
- “Nurse Leader Handbook” chapter author
Resources by this Leader