As an accomplished nurse with over 40 years of experience, Lavonne has held a variety positions in healthcare within clinical and non-clinical settings. During the consolidation of two large hospitals, she served on the consolidation nursing team and was instrumental in bringing the staff of three Intensive Care Units together to provide care for Trauma, Cardiac, Surgical, and Neurological Intensive Care patients. Her leadership and collaborative skills were evident in the initiation and development of an electronic point of care documentation system for two of the Health System hospital’s obstetrics units, which included standardizing practice and processes across the two campuses.
As the Clinical Director with a 22 physician private practice, Lavonne had the opportunity to work with the physicians and staff to provide excellent care for cardiovascular patients in bi-state offices and outreach clinic sites serving several communities and hospitals in the region.
Lavonne continues her passion for collaborative work with her partners coaching FQHC’s, and some of the largest Health Systems in the U.S. to standardize their processes and drive results using Evidence-Based Leadership℠ practices.
- Developed Service Excellence orientation for new employees
- Initiated with the Rehab Nursing Manager, call light rounding and within 9 months call lights decreased by 25%, falls decreased by 20% and pain scores on the patient satisfaction survey improved 8.3 points.
- Reduced turnover in the ICU’s from 25% to 10% in one year
- Increased her hospital’s average daily census by 118% through hardwiring Evidence-Based Leadership
- Achieved more than 10% annual Rehabilitation Therapy volume growth for 10 consecutive years
- As a result of AIDET® and Employee Rounding training at one of the FQHC Collaboratives, Patient Experience Scores for the first 4 months increased by 8.8 percentage points in Courtesy, Provider information and Overall Rating.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA
- Bachelor of Science in Health Arts, St. Francis College, Joliet, IL
- Diploma in Nursing, St. Luke’s Hospital School of Nursing, Davenport, IA
- ExperienceService Excellence Coordinator, Genesis Health System, Davenport, IA
- Clinical Director, Cardiovascular Medicine, P.C. Davenport, IA
- Senior Analyst, Information Technology Genesis Health System, Davenport, IA
- Nurse Manager ICU/SICU/MICU/CCU, St. Luke’s Hospital / Genesis Medical Center, Davenport, IA
- Head Nurse, Progressive Cardiac Care Unit, St. Luke’s Hospital, Davenport, IA
- Staff Nurse and Charge Nurse, St. Luke’s Hospital, Davenport, IA
- Alumni- CCRN(Critical Care Registered Nurse) Certified 1982-1993
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses