Kathryn Muscato, CHA, MSHSA
Kathryn Muscato is a measurement-focused, service-driven individual committed to assisting organizations in their journey to improve the way healthcare is delivered. Kathryn has been working in the healthcare industry for 19 years. She has worked with over 100 organizations across all care settings as a seasoned consultant identifying evidence-based tactics that will improve the patient experience and coaching to drive results.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Kathryn partnered with large health systems across the country working on implementing behaviors that drive results, including Hourly Rounding®, nurse leader rounding and the AIDET® patient communication framework. She has experience working with a health system in California to develop survey items to measure the impact of their nurse communication program, leading to overall improvement of a 60 percent increase in percent top box for Overall Rating and a 61 percent increase in percent top box for Communication with Nurses. She partnered with the University Health System Consortium (UHC) on the effective use of data collection and interpretation to optimize results. Kathryn has also coached multiple large medical practices with the use of data from CG CAHPS to drive improvement plans.
Throughout her experience, Kathryn has developed an effective approach to goal setting to ensure organizations set achievable, attainable goals, and she has successfully implemented that model in many organizations with proven and sustained results. In addition to those achievements, Kathryn has helped organizations identify industry practices that would improve patient experience as well as employee engagement outcomes.
- Participated in the research driving the CG CAHPS survey and the item selection
- Instrumental in the evaluation of survey questions, studying item performance, survey models and response rates
- Collaborated with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to develop survey questions and a reporting tool for use in the Nurse Magnet Accreditation process
Education and Certifications
- Master of Health Services Administration, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa
- Certified HIPAA Administrator