Kathleen Hope, RN, MBA
Kathleen Hope is a compassionate, versatile and results oriented professional with proven skills in management, training, coaching and patient experience improvement.
With over 20 years of combined business, clinical and leadership experience, Kathleen began her career as a registered nurse. After attaining her MBA, her career focus shifted towards healthcare patient relations, risk management, and leadership, practicing in both public and privately funded hospitals and clinics throughout Ontario, Canada. Most recently, Kathleen led the patient experience program at a UPMC hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. There, she worked extensively on training staff the caveats of value based purchasing and the crosswalk with HCAHPS, patient safety and quality metrics. These diverse experiences have given Kathleen the opportunity to hone her passion for driving results. Throughout her career, her efforts have concentrated on educating and coaching staff, leadership and physicians by providing them with the behavioral tools necessary to make a difference in the lives of the patients and families they provide care for, as well as each other.
- Increased patient engagement “Rate the Hospital” composite score by 15 percent after a hospital wide implementation of AIDET®
- Decreased employee turnover by 10 percent through enhancing orientation, training and communication methods of roll-out and validation
- 20th percentile increase of employee engagement over 12 months after rolling out leader rounding on employees and senior leader rounding tactics
Education and Certifications
- Master of Business Administration, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
- Bachelor of Arts, York Univiersity, Toronto, ON
- Diplomat Nursing, Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)