Jon Henkel, RN, BSN, MBA
Jon Henkel is a results-driven leader with 20 years of clinical and leadership experience in large hospital systems. Jon has a passion for partnering with patients and families to enhance their experience and believes strongly in leadership development and mentoring staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Jon brings 20 years of healthcare experience to Studer Group including bedside nursing in cardiac intensive care and emergency nursing; nurse leadership in a busy, level 1 trauma center; and hospital operations as a senior director and vice president. Jon has developed and led patient experience strategies with proven results including increasing and sustaining HCAHPS scores from the 20th percentile to the 75th percentile at a large urban trauma center. Jon has a knack of distilling the big picture into manageable steps to gain traction and sustain improvement.
- Nurse leader at level 1 trauma center with 85,000 visits. Increased throughput and reduced LWBS
- Led patient experience at large urban facility improving HCAHPS from 20th to 75th percentile
Education and Certifications
- Master of Business Administration, University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Member, Emergency Nurses Association
- Member, Beryl Institute