Joel Bautista is a progressive and energetic coach that is passionate about driving positive results and consistency in rural healthcare and large system agreements. He is diligent in creating and maintaining strong relationships to ensure the bond of each of his partners. Joel is known for his flexibility in multiple environments and ability to adjust where his talent is needed. He exhibits strong leadership development, action and strategic planning, and goal writing management skills individualized for each of his partners for ultimate implementation and success. Coming from a strong family background in healthcare, he believes that a difference can be made in each and every patient experience.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Joel served as the internal champion for Del Sol Medical Center where he was responsible for training, monitoring and validating all Studer Group initiatives and Evidence-Based LeadershipSM tools and tactics. During his tenure, Joel successfully implemented all appropriate Must Haves® into a 1400-member workforce. He provided training, coaching and shadowing to support the initiatives needed for Evidence-Based LeadershipSM;. The organization saw improvements in HCAHPS to the top quartile and outpatient services results improved to the top decile. In addition, the organization was ranked in the 90th percentile in employee engagement two years in a row. In his role at Studer Group, Joel serves as a coach across multiple disciplines from large healthcare networks to small critical access rural hospitals. In addition, Joel has experience coaching in clinic practice settings as well as hospice care.
- Led organizations to exceed and sustain top decile employee engagement
- Led organizations to improve HCAHPS star rating to 4 and 5 stars
- Coached partners recognized as Studer Group Healthcare Organization of the Month
- Coached partners presented best practices at What’s Right in Health Care®
- Used diagnostic assessments to sequence coaching plans with appropriate pacing
- Awarded Studer Group pillar awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication, Texas State University
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Member, Leadership Austin
- “Taking Rounding To The Next Level – Rounding With Added Relevance,” Studer Group National Learning Lab