Jeff Wood, RN
Jeff Wood has been leading and working in emergency services for over 30 years in a variety of settings. Beginning at the bedside, Jeff has been a manager, director and senior director in some of the highest volume healthcare centers in the country. Serving in executive leadership roles within the hospital and later in national emergency services groups, he has always sought higher quality for the patients he’s served.
With Jeff’s experience as a corporate leader at one of the largest national ED physician groups, he developed and led strategies to integrate multiple provider service lines to better serve patients and healthcare systems. He has extensive experience coaching national and regional healthcare systems with a focus on the emergency department and its important role in the hospital. He has developed customized solutions to simultaneously improve patient experience and outcomes. Jeff’s creative coaching style has improved results in the areas of front-end and back-end flow through the ED, turn-around times and patient perception of care with a focus on the physician-nursing leadership team. He has published and presented nationally on topics ranging from workforce development to improved operational flow. Jeff’s motto is to always keep the patient in the center of our work and the results will follow.
- Improved system-wide door to provider times to less than 10 minutes
- Moved urban trauma center patient satisfaction from the 17th to 93rd percentile
- Decreased large tertiary center LWBS from 11 percent to less than 1.5 percent
- Improved year-over-year revenues by $5.5 million through improved documentation
Education and Certifications
- Lean for Healthcare Certification, Belmont University
- BA in Management and Organizational Development, Fresno Pacific University
- Registered Nurse, College of the Sequoias
Resources by this Leader