Debbie Cort, RN, MSN, NEA-BC
Debbie has over 27 years of experience as a nurse administrator in large academic centers as well as smaller community hospitals. As a coach, Debbie enjoys motivating leaders, recognizing team members, and helping hospitals engage their patients and provide the best care and compassion possible. Debbie has held various leadership positions in nursing, from Assistant Nurse Manager to Chief Nursing Officer.
- Chief Nursing Officer, South Lake Hospital, Orlando Health, Clermont, FL
- Manager, Orthopedics, Neurology and Primary Stroke Center, Winter Haven Hospital, Bay Care, Winter Haven, FL
- Director Orthopedics and Rehab, Florida Hospital, Adventist Health System, Orlando, FL
- Program Manager Neuroscience Institute, Florida Hospital, Adventist Health System, Orlando, FL
- Director Rehabilitation Nursing, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL
- Administrative Director Orthopedics, Neurology, Rehab Northwest Community Hospital, Arlington Heights, IL
- Assistant Clinical Director Brain Injury Program, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- As a CNO, Debbie managed the rapid growth of a community hospital while decreasing agency usage, increasing the professionalism of the nursing team, and increasing nursing retention and overall quality of care.
- As a manager, she moved patient experience scores for an orthopedic unit from the 20th percentile to the 99th percentile within 4 months and hardwired the process to maintain the 99th percentile ranking for over a year.
- Debbie developed the first Primary Certified Stroke Center in Central Florida by creating a centralized protocol utilized by EMS in five neighboring counties and achieved Primary Stroke Accreditation for all 7 Florida Hospital campuses.
- During her career, Debbie became a certified trainer with Developmental Dimensions International and taught multiple teambuilding and communication classes in the facilities in which she worked.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Masters of Science in Nursing Administration, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- Nurse Executive Advanced- Board Certified (NEA-BC), ANCC