Darren Moorehead, MSHA, FACHE
Darren has over 10 years of experience in healthcare leadership ranging from assistant directorship to project and operations management. His successful coaching with national accounts qualifies him to drive patient and staff engagement in large and complex organizations. His passion and enthusiasm are contagious, and his focus on improving healthcare is evident to partners as he consistently demonstrates his ability to improve and sustain results. Darren quickly builds trust with both senior leaders and front-line staff to refocus teams on their mission. Darren’s passion is to help leaders and organizations avoid becoming static and failing their patients, employees and providers. He realizes how much trust is given to healthcare organizations and honors their obligations to stakeholders by working hard to exceed expectations for all parties.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Darren served as project manager for Crothall Healthcare. In this role, he led new account startups as well as recovery of troubled accounts. Darren has also served as assistant director for environmental services, patient transportation, and laundry and linen for Chippenham Hospital, training and safety manager for VCU Medical Center, and operations manager for Carolinas Medical Center for ARAMARK Healthcare. In 2009, Darren entered the healthcare world after spending time in the finance and technology industry. In his very first role, Darren worked for a Studer Group partner and saw the impact the tools and tactics had on his organization.
- Raised employee engagement from bottom-third to top-third and maintained top-decile patient satisfaction environment domain results at an 850-bed medical center
- Improved patient satisfaction environment domain results by 27 percent at a 700-bed academic medical center
- Developed new employee orientation program to reduce turnover of first-year employees by 23 percent
- Raised environment domain HCAHPS score by 24 percent at 400-bed for-profit hospital
- Developed and deployed staffing models to improve productivity for 200+ FTEs by 4.2 percent, resulting in significant financial savings and improved employee engagement results
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Business Management, Bachelor of Arts, Theater, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Master of Science, Healthcare Administration, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Member, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)