Cyndi Fowler, RN, MBA, CENP
As a registered nurse with more than 40 years in healthcare, Cyndi Fowler has experience in a number of different care settings. Cyndi started her career in intensive care nursing and from there has cared for patients in a variety of venues, including emergency department, surgical services and outpatient clinics. Additionally Cyndi has worked with leadership teams to manage projects related to flow and efficiency in the healthcare setting while improving clinical outcomes and patient experience.
Cyndi has over 30 years of professional nursing leadership experience in the areas of critical care, emergency, trauma, flight, med surg, surgery and outpatient surgery. She has a dual Master’s degree in business administration and healthcare management and is certified in executive nursing practice. She completed a fellowship with the Healthcare Advisory Board in executive leadership where she received an award for excellence in clinical leadership and is a four time winner of the Studer Group Pillar award. Since joining Studer Group, Cyndi’s partners consistently achieve improvement in patient experience, quality outcomes and employee engagement. Her partners have won multiple awards as Organization of the Month, emergency department centers of excellence and have been selected to present on their best practices on the national stage.
- Improved patient experience from 1st percentile to 90th percentile over 24 months in rural hospital setting
- Increased HCAHPS patient experience ratings from 24th percentile to 80th percentile in national hospital system
- Reduced emergency department left without being seen rate (LWBS) from 12 to 2 percent in national hospital system
- Led centralized staffing office implementation in three-hospital system, reducing premium pay to less than 2 percent and eliminating all external contract staffing
- Moved communication with physician ranking from 2nd percentile to 90th percentile with hospitalist group
Education and Certifications
- Associate of Nursing, Georgia Southwestern College, Americus,GA
- Bachelor of Business, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA
- Master of Business Administration and Healthcare Leadership, Brenau University, Gainesville, GA
- Certified in Executive Nursing Practice, 2009 – present
- Healthcare Advisory Board Fellow, Center for Leadership
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Organization of Nurse Executives