Beth King, RN, MSN, ACNS-BC
Beth is a senior healthcare leader with over 20 years of clinical nursing and management experience in emergency, critical care and physician services.
Beth is a coach in Studer Group’s emergency services division. Prior to joining Studer Group, she served as a vice president of operations for a large emergency medicine physician staffing company. This gave her the opportunity to apply sustainable change at both the physician level and nursing level. She has an extensive background in developing and implementing staff educational programs, in addition to successful leadership coaching, team building and customer service strategies. Having had the opportunity to participate in the design and planning of a new acute care facility, she is skilled in establishing new operational policies and processes at both the departmental and facility level.
- Led a process improvement that reduced the emergency department’s LWBS from 12 percent to 2 percent and achieved a door-to-doctor time less than 5 minutes.
- Led the opening of the emergency department, including the operational design, development of processes, policies, and procedures and recruitment and hiring in a new full-service hospital.
- Developed and implemented numerous educational plans for nurses, including new graduate orientation, emergency and critical care courses and nurse transition-to-ED orientation plans.
Education and Certifications
- Masters of Science in Nursing, University of Tennessee – Knoxville
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Tennessee – Chattanooga
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ACNS-BC)