Barbara Hotko, RN
Barbara Hotko has more than 35 years of experience in the healthcare industry. Her nursing background combined with her experience in hospital administration and consulting provides the expertise necessary to help organizations favorably impact profitability, efficiency, and patient care, all of which pave the way to service excellence. Barbara has been published in Nursing Management and featured in AACN Reader’s Profile, Nursing Spectrum and published in Critical Care Nurse as a responder.
Since 2001, Barbara has been utilizing her skill set, passion and enthusiasm as a Senior Quality Leader and Account Leader at Studer Group to enhance partner’s ability to make healthcare a better place for employees to work, physicians to practice medicine and patients to receive care. In addition, Barbara recently co-authored The CGCAHPS Handbook, one of Studer Group’s most valuable resources for clinicians. She is also a national speaker and presenter for Studer Group and has presented at conferences such as What’s Right in Health Care® and CAHPS Quality of Care Summit.
- In December 2003, Barbara received the Flame Award, which is Studer Group’s highest honor for employees. The flame award is awarded to Studer Group staff who demonstrate our values each and every day, and demonstrate consistent, high-preforming results by modeling these behaviors.
- Barbara has coached partners who have been recognized for their sustained results and overall success by receiving awards such as the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and Studer Group’s Health Care Organization of the Month. In addition, many of her partners have been presenters at What’s Right in Health Care® .
- Master in Public Administration, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Rutherford, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources - Graduated Summa Cum Laude, Upsala College, East Orange, New Jersey
Recipient, Upsala College Award for Excellence in Scholarship
Honors: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Registered Nurse's Diploma, Englewood Hospital School of Nursing, Englewood, New Jersey
Licensure & Certifications
- State of New Jersey Registered Nurse's License # NO46243 (current)
- CNA - Certified in Nursing Administration via ANCC (American Nurses Credentialing Center - current)
- CCRN - Certified in Critical Care Nursing via AACN (American Association of Critical Care Nurses - current)
Resources by this Leader