Orem Community Hospital is part of Intermountain Healthcare, an internationally recognized, nonprofit system comprising 22 hospitals, a medical group with more than 185 physician clinics, and an affiliated health insurance company, SelectHealth. Orem Community started its journey with the Studer Group in January 2013.
Since opening in 1981, Orem Community has been known for compassionate, high-quality care. Patients who visit Orem Community have come to expect a personalized experience when receiving outpatient services or women and newborn services. The hospital has short emergency wait times and features a Level II nursery, a comprehensive lactation clinic and a high-quality pediatric rehab clinic.
Orem Community Hospital fosters strong engagement among physicians, nursing staff, and all other caregivers. Employees consistently rank above the 90th percentile for overall engagement. In 2014, Orem’s Gallup Q12 grand mean ranked in the 94th percentile among hospitals in the Gallup database. Responses on 9 of the 12 questions place Orem in the top decile for employee engagement.
With the high level of staff engagement and exceptional leadership, the hospital is on pace to score at or above the 97th percentile on the HCAHPS Overall Rating domain. All HCAHPS dimensions are above the 90th percentile, with Care Transitions, Discharge Information, and Likelihood to Recommend in the 99th percentile. Orem Community patients consistently rate their experience—whether emergency or surgical or delivery—at or near the top when compared to all Intermountain Healthcare facilities.
The hospital receives frequent recognition for the consistent care provided to patients. Some honors include:
- 2013 and 2014 Regional Gallup Workplace Award
- 2013 Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures: Surgical Care
- 2013 Women’s Choice Award: America’s Best Hospital for Patient Experience
- 2013 Women’s Choice Award: Excellence in Obstetrics
- 2013 Studer Group’s Excellence in Patient Care Award: Discharge Instructions to Patients
- 2013 Studer Group Evidence-Based Leadership Healthcare Organization of the Month for December, Urban South Region (which includes Orem Community)
- 2013 Winner of the Tobacco-Free Campus Award presented by Coalition for Tobacco Free Utah, Utah County Health Department, and the Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce
- 2011 Utah Physician Office Quality Award
- 2008, 2009 and 2011 Utah Hospital Quality Award