Conversations regarding health care in this country often revolve around big, complicated issues. Health care professionals talk in trillions of dollars, billions of data points, millions of hospital visits. But health care is a personal experience. As individuals, we all have our own set of health circumstances and challenges, and every day each of us makes choices related to our overall health. This is where Kaiser Permanente Orange County comes in.
Kaiser Permanente has been serving Orange County‘s health needs for more than 40 years, since the opening of their Garden Grove Medical Offices in the 1960s. Today, Kaiser Permanente Orange County is one of the largest health care providers in a competitive and thriving community. With two brand new medical centers in the last 7 years, 23 medical offices, more than 785 physicians and 6,400 employees, Kaiser Permanente Orange County delivers quality health care to more than 490,000 members throughout the County. They are proud of their history in Orange County, and look forward to caring for generations of residents to come.
Kaiser Permanente is dedicated to providing the highest quality health care and health outcomes, and has been since its founding in 1945. One of the keys to their success is HealthConnect, Kaiser Permanente’s comprehensive health information system that includes one of the most advanced electronic medical records system (EMR). The implementation of HealthConnect across a fully-integrated healthcare delivery system has provided a number of different benefits. It allows Kaiser Permanete to coordinate patient care between the physician’s office, the hospital, home care, radiology, laboratory and pharmacy services. It is the bridge for providing vital information at every point of care, across all care settings, at all times.
Through the HealthConnect technology, Kaiser Permanente Orange County has reduced waste by eliminating unnecessary testing and prescribing, as all previously performed lab tests, radiology tests and medications are immediately available to any user caring for the patient. Hospital readmissions have dramatically decreased by easily tracking reasons for readmission and ensuring that patients are receiving timely discharge telephone calls and outpatient appointments.
The system has greatly improved the ability for Kaiser Permanente’s members to communicate with their physician and to be better engaged with their health care team. Kaiser Permanente’s integrated medicine truly places the member in the center of the delivery system.
Our QUEST for Excellence
Rooted in its local mission to “Deliver the Finest Health Care in the World,” QUEST allows all employees and physician partners of Kaiser Permanente Orange County to have a clear understanding of the journey which lies ahead. With the help of The Studer Group, Kaiser Permanente Orange County is committed to:
- Quality – Be world renowned by being in the top 5% for all outcomes;
- Utilization – Continue to contain costs, and keep health care affordable for those that deserve the care of Kaiser Permanente;
- Expansion – Be the leader in healthcare delivery innovation, which in turn will help to grow membership;
- Service – Live the principles of the OC Promise, a commitment to patients, the community and each other through connecting personally with members and visitors, owning each moment of the care experience , understanding the importance of our shared mission, nurturing our teams and thrilling our patients, peers, colleagues and community; and lastly,
- Teamwork – Build on a culture of safety, quality and service through engagement of employees and physician partners.
Through the dedication of their employees and physician partners, Kaiser Permanente Orange County has been recognized in 2014 by many organizations for their commitment to excellence, and a desire to be the best at getting better.
- Highest for Overall Patient Experience by Consumer Reports and California Healthcare Performance Information System – (SCPMG) Orange County
- Kaiser Permanente Earns 4-Star Rating in California’s Annual Clinical Quality Report Card – California Office of the Patient Advocate (OPA) KPSC
- Kaiser Permanente California Ranks Highest in J.D. Power 2014 Member Satisfaction Study – (California)
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition - National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) KPSC
- 2014 Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ - Anaheim and Irvine Medical Centers
- The Leapfrog Group’s “A” Hospital Safety Score – Anaheim and Irvine Medical Centers
- Practice Greenhealth’s Emerald Partner for Change Award – Irvine Medical Center
- Practice Greenhealth’s Partner for Change Award – Anaheim Medical Center
- U. S. News & World Report’s 2014 – 2015 Best Hospitals Rankings – Anaheim and Irvine Medical Centers
- Woman's Choice Award 2014 America's 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience- Anaheim and Irvine Medical Centers
- Top-Ranked Medicare Health Plan in the Nation (2014 – 2015) - National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) KPSC
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plans in California Receive 5-Star Rating for 2015 (4th Consecutive Year) – Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Kaiser Permanente in California Earns Four Star Rating for Overall Quality of Care in Annual Healthcare Quality Report Card (7th Consecutive Year) - California’s Office of Patient Advocate (OPA)